G-Code parsing for the Arduino UNO

Writing a simplified G-Code parser for Arduino UNO

In a project I’m working on, I needed a way to control some peripherals from a UART-connection, and I want to be able to set configuration-parameters as well as controlling stepper-motors and other equipment.
Having some prior experience with G-Code, and not needing a full set of example Marlin/RepRap-flavored G-Code, I decided to create my own implementation that can run on the microcontroller.

Continue reading “Writing a simplified G-Code parser for Arduino UNO”

Quick update!

Hi everyone that might be reading my blog!

I’m still alive and kicking, just much going on in life, but to summarize some things that I’m working on:

  • Preparing a build-blog for a 3D-printer that I’m designing and working on, including 3D-printed parts, electronics and software.
  • Building a new blog in Laravel, the plan is to migrate from WordPress.
  • Building two applications for a friend, might do a write-up on these later.
  • Designing and building surrounding hardware for an upcoming Z80-homebrew computer, that I’m also designing.
  • Writing tech-related articles for your reading pleasure, I’m currently working on an article about red flags in clients.

Anything else you would like to see on this blog?

If so, please let me know in the comments below!

Until next time, take care and stay safe.

// Rickard

Debugging GTA V to find why it crashes.

Problem: GTAV.exe crashed when given focus in both windowed and fullscreen-mode.

After countless hours trying to troubleshoot the problem, installing new drivers for my graphics-card, disabling sound-drivers, unplugging periphials, I decided to debug the game using Visual Studio 2015.

The callstack gave me the answer.

Razer tried to inject their RzStats into the game, to collect in-game-data for mouse-heatmaps and keyboard-statistics.
The solution for this is quite simple, uninstall the fucking thing.

The uninstaller for Razer Synapse stats is located in:

C:\ProgramData\Razer\Synapse\ProductUpdates\Uninstallers\RzStats

After uninstalling it, GTA V works once again.

I’m using Razer Deathadder 2013 and Blackwidow Ultimate 2013.

Source for disabling stats-manager: https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/2nzqhl/how_do_i_make_razer_to_disable_stats_manager/cmimk0r/